Some of the best finds are at estate sales and auctions. It doesn’t matter what your interests are or what you are looking for. There are always great curiosities that you can find. Whether you are searching for some furniture that you want to restore for your home, tools or equipment, estate sales offer these items and more at great prices.
For antique collectors, going to an auction is like opening presents on Christmas morning. Hunting for items that you cannot find anywhere provides a rush that is unsurpassed. Many times at auctions people disregard items that actually have value as junk, and they couldn’t be more wrong. Often times it only takes a bit of elbow grease to restore something to its original beauty. Then you can turn around and make a profit off the item you bought for next to nothing.
On August 24th we are having a great estate auction in Buffalo, OK. With this sale we will be selling farm land, equipment, and household supplies. If antique items are what you are looking for, there will be a tractor from 1940 up for auction, which is guaranteed to pique the interest of many people who attend.
Some other tractor, combine, trailers that will be up for auctions include:
- a 1975 feed grain truck
- 1998 grain trailer
- 2001 JD 566 Round Baler
- 2004 NH 1441 Disc Swather.
There will also be a varity of tools for sale as well that will be handy on the farm including
- Makita Mitre Saw
- Large Wrench Sets
- Pressure Washer
- Lawn Fertilizer Spreader
Click here to view the full list of everything that will be up for auction on August 24th
It is common thought that when we hear of a property going up for auction, we immediately think of foreclosure due to default on payments. However, that is certainly not the only reason for a property to be auctioned off. Often times, gems of homes are sold at fair market value at an auction.
Licensed auction houses or agents who follow all of the necessary protocols perform non-foreclosure property auctions. There are many benefits of purchasing a property through auction as well as many benefits being provided to the seller.
1. Auctions can be reserved for homes of unusual or eccentric appearances, which make it a very appealing option for those who like the less than traditional type of home.
2. Auctions are also a great way for buyers and sellers to gauge the actual value of a home, thus it being auctioned for its fair market value. This gives both parties maneuverability when choosing how much they want to spend/sell for.
3. The real estate company that is in control of the auction will require buyers to register. This gives the company the opportunity to pre-approve buyers to be sure they have good credit. This also gives sellers the peace of mind knowing that there won’t be a financial crisis.
4. Conventional home sales can take months. An auction is much quicker because there’s only one chance for buyers to make a bid. This is appealing to those who need to sell quickly.
5. If a homeowner fears their home will get lost in the shuffle of thousands of homes for sale, an auction is a unique option to put yours above the rest.
6. Before you attend an auction, you should contact the agent or company who is holding the sale. Ask them about restrictions, money needed up-front and how long the seller has to make a final decision.
We encourage those looking to buy or sell a home in an auction to contact us to learn more of why this might be the right choice for you.
An auction, conducted by Smith & Co. Auction and Realty Inc. will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 15 at the Harper County Fairgrounds in Buffalo, OK. The auction will include the sale of 320 acres of Harper County land.
This large parcel of Oklahoma land is described as a beautiful spot that includes 74 acres of cropland and the balance of native grass. A creek runs through the Northeast portion of the property providing great natural landscaping, as well as the value of recreation. Those who are interested in fishing, creek swimming, canoeing or kayaking will surely find pleasure from the waters on this land.
List every game species this part of Oklahoma has to offer and this property has it. If you like to deer hunt all you have to do is choose your weapon. Hunt creek side with your bow or stake the ground to take long-range rifle shots from several hilly vantage points. Some deer trails can be seen in several locations coming off the top of the bluffs and heading down toward fields along the creek. Without much effort, a hunter could set up on top of a hill, watch the bottom with binoculars and create the chance of earning a trophy as he makes his way to the water for a drink, or stops on the tall grass for a rest.
In between deer and turkey seasons, wild pigs make for fine sport on this land, too. Then, in fall, watch as hundreds of birds flock the land before separating in the springtime. So, no matter what your favorite species of game this place most likely has it. If you have been looking for the perfect place in Oklahoma, this parcel may be just what you are after.
It’s worth noting that a milo crop was planted on the land and after the 2013 crop has been harvested, new possession can take place. Meanwhile, possession of the grassland is completed upon closing of the sale. Milo, or grain sorghum, is a necessary food product for many people around the world. In more than 60 countries, it is a staple product used mainly for livestock feeding, it is also used for human consumption.
What makes milo so popular is that it can also be used for ethanol. Ethanol fuel (ethyl alcohol) is the same type of alcohol found in alcoholic beverages. It is most often used as a motor biofuel additive for gasoline. This renewable natural resource fuel has proven to cut down on tailpipe emissions and reduce the global dependency on petroleum. With more than seven billion people living on the planet and billions of livestock animals, milo plays a major part in feeding and transporting these populations.
Those who may be interested in owning this great parcel of land to work it or recreate upon it will not want to miss this auction.
Thinking about buying land in Oklahoma? Smart decision.
Oklahoma is surrounded by vast, unoccupied land that’s ready to harvest or build and ready to be improved.
There are plenty of advantages one should consider when buying a vacant lot. Let’s go through a couple of these benefits and see why you should consider buying if you’re not.
1. Possibility of investment: Let’s say you buy some land with intentions of building, or harvesting it, and life gets in the way and it just sits still like it did before you bought it. Big deal. The land will most likely remain in the same state, and could possibly increase in value along with the market. Lots of times when people buy a lot with a building on it, and it isn’t maintained, there’s a possibility of that land losing value.
2. Hey, you never know: Oil, natural gas, minerals, artifacts, who knows what lies beneath that vacant lot. Lots of times, there’s nothing there. Other times, you thousands of dollars can turn into millions very quickly. Don’t rule out the possibility down the road of companies or businesses having interest in the land – then it’s also worth some money too.
3. Cheap to buy and own: Vacant lots are cheap to purchase and cheaper to maintain. The maintenance and upkeep can be as little as you would like, while maintaining a land with a building takes some capital. Taxes will be less than your home, because there’s no property on it and it’s less valuable.
If considering buying land, check out our upcoming auctions for a chance to make a wise investment for a potentially low cost.
Join us for 3 Open Houses!
St. Patrick’s Day
Sunday March 17th 1-3pm
3017 Cheyenne Dr
3 bed, 2 bath
2 living areas!
3 bed, 1 1/2 bath
3000 Apache Dr.
3 bed, 1 3/4 bath
Huge Wood Deck!
For more information on these homes or other listings in Woodward, OK contact one of our Realtors at Smith & CO, Auction & Realty, Inc. at 580-254-3975.
Like many great things in life, home ownership doesn’t happen in an instant. It takes time, preparation, and collaboration in order to successfully land the home of your dreams – but it is definitely worth it. Owning your own home can be one of the most satisfying experiences in life. You can change the paint to your favorite color, redo the kitchen, or finally create your ultimate backyard playground. For more information on steps to buying your own home contact Smith & Co, Auction & Realty, Inc. at 580-254-3975 or e-mail us.
You might be ready to buy a home, but are you armed with the knowledge you need? Do you know about credit score requirements? Are you familiar with flexible standards on Federal Housing Administration loans?
Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or an experienced owner, buying a house requires a “preflight check,” in the words of Barry Zigas, director of housing policy for the Consumer Federation of America. Contact one of the Real Estate Professionals in our office and we will be glad to help you through this process. For more information on Buying a home in Woodward, Ok contact Smith & Co, Auction & Realty, Inc.
Data from the latest NAR Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers shows the number one reason buyers are buying today is for the plain desire to own a home of their own. They want a place where they can come home at night that is their special place in the world. The most common home purchased among buyers was a detached single-family home, with three bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and 1,900 square feet.
The typical buyer is satisfied with their buying process and plans to live in the perfect home for them for 15 years. If you are in the market to purchase a home please let Smith & Co. realtors help you find the house that you can make into your home. Smith & Co. realtors in Woodward, OK are always ready to help you find that perfect home or piece of Real Estate you are searching for.
Existing-home sales eased in December but are well above a year ago, while limited inventory maintained the upward momentum in home prices, according to the National Association of Realtors®. Total sales in 2012 were the highest in five years, while the annual price rose the most since 2005, according to National Association of Realtors. If you are searching for a homes in Woodward or Northwest Oklahoma the agents at Smith & Co. will be glad to help you today. Contact us at 580-254-3975.
We will be posting news items here. Please let us know what you think!